Sunday, April 13, 2008

ENR Award of Excellence - 2008

There isn't a week that goes by where someone doesn't makes a comment about the longevity of e-Builder.  After all, the track record for software companies who develop web based applications for the construction industry isn't exactly stellar.  Many disappeared only after a few years of service.  In one case, e-Builder was fortunate enough to acquire one of the companies and grow its user base.  Point is, as I look back at all the wonderful experiences, one event sticks out the most - ENR's Annual Award of Excellence Event.

Having been honored as a past Newsmaker, I was fortunate to experience the magnitude of such an event.  Many of the individuals who I seek out each year are considered friends, mentors, and "good people" with strong ethics and integrity.  

This year I was able to grab my fiance's camera before I left for NYC and take a few shots at the event.

Who can forget Judy Schriener.  She discovered me when I was fresh out of Building Construction at the University of Florida.



Hoyt Lowder, one of the executives at FMI Corporation was also instrumental in getting e-Builder noticed.  Although he did not attend, FMI's new CEO Hank Harris did.   Hank has been equally supportive and is always very insightful.  I still remember first meeting Hank at a conference in Hawaii where we were both speaking.  They don't come any hipper than Hank! 










If it wasn't for Norbert Young, President of the McGraw-Hill's Construction Information Group, we never would have partnered up with McGraw-Hill.  It's hard to believe that was way back in 2000.  Seems like yesterday!  Norbert is like a machine.  He never stops and always has the answers.  He has been a wonderful mentor to me.  Thanks Norbert!



Brian Tonry was instrumental during the .boom and .bomb days of the Internet.  He has perspective like no other and continues to be a great resource and friend on many subjects.


Both Jay McGraw, VP Group Publisher for ENR, and Jan Tuchman, Editor-in-Chief of ENR extend such warmth every time we see them.  It's like being around family and it makes all of us feel good.



Lastly, I would not be anywhere without our President, Ron Antevy.  As you can tell from the last name, he also happens to be my brother.  I am so fortunate to work with such a talented individual.  Our skill sets are complimentary.  For one, he is an engineer and I am an architect!  We always have a great time at the event and we make sure to end it off with a slice of NYC Pizza.



Until next year!!!!!

No comments:

Subscribe to Blog Feed

Capital Project Management PRWeb Press Releases